So, you have developed an interest in the Occult and Magick but don’t know where to start? Well this series is for you. In it, we will be looking at the basics of Occult thought and Magick with an emphasis on practical application. This Magick Primer Series will cover topics such as Banishing, Invocation, Evocation, Sigils, Meditation, Offerings and much more.
The following is a list of suggested places to start your Magick learning and is more aimed at a General introduction to Magick than a deep and exhaustive look at Occult thought. The list will obviously show a bias to authors and ideas that I naturally gravitate towards, but I still think it will serve as a great starting point.
Please feel free to leave your own suggestions in the comments below.
– Advanced Magick for Beginners by Alan Chapman
– The Blood of the Saints by Chapman and Barford
– The Urn by Chapman and Barford
– A Desert of Roses by Chapman and Barford
– Prime Chaos: Adventures in Chaos Magic by Phil Hine
– Liber Null & Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic by Pete Carroll
– Modern Magick By Donald Michael Kraig
– The Necronomicon by Simon
– The Chaos Protocols by Gordon White
– The Sorceror’s Secrets: Strategies in Practical Magick by Jason Miller
– Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha by Daniel Ingram
– Cosmic Trigger By Robert Anton Wilson
– Prometheus Rising By Robert Anton Wilson
– Magick: Liber ABA, Book 4 by Aleister Crowley
– Magick Without Tears by Aleister Crowley
– Grant Morrison’s POP MAGIC!
Grant Morrison’s intro to Magick and Sigils.
– RUNE SOUP
Rune Soup is about practical sorcery, entheogens, synchronicities, UFOs, ‘alternative’ history, career guidance, graphic novels, the future of media, probability, divination.
— SUGGESTED POSTS:
– Sigils Reboot: How To Get Big Magic From Little Squiggles
– Getting Their Attention
– The Whisky Rant
– Apocalypse Pharmaka
– Are Road Openers The Most Useful Spells?
– Why Belief Is The Wrong Word To Use
– The Hamburg Conjecture: A 98:2 Magical Ratio
A sub-reddit for those who are interested in pursuing enlightenment through gnosis (direct spiritual experiential knowledge and intuitive knowledge, mystic rather than that from rational or reasoned thinking).
– CHAOS MAGICK GROUP (CMG)
Facebook group for the Magick conversations. Not for the easily rattled.
Until Next Time…