Instead, what I will be doing is a yearlong Shadow Working in the style of “Gate Walking” or “Path working” or similar things, only with Servitors.
I’m was trying very hard to come up with a good name for it, but every one I thought of was just too – I dunno… New Age Tape Series-esque, which I really want to stay away from. The best I could come up with, and the one I kept coming back to the most was: “The Journey”. I know, it’s still naff, but it needs a name and that’s what we have, for better or worse. But apart from that, it does feel like some sort of Journey to me. It feels like I am off exploring in the dangerous unknown waters – possibly marked with “here be monsters” on a map, if one existed.
HOW DID THIS ALL HAPPEN?
Some of you will have seen me mention in various places a few weeks ago that I was dropping the name “The Forty Shadows”. So yea, the name is definitely gone. “The Forty Shadows” is now THE JOURNEY, and while the direction and shape of the project has changed, the underlying reason hasn’t – I still want to use Servitors to help uncover and remove Shadows aspects of myself that are holding me back and causing me pain and unhappiness.
- It confuses people into thinking the Shadow Project is connected to the Forty Servants, which it isn’t – it’s a totally separate and different thing altogether, and I absolutely want to stop that confusion.
- It’s too similar The Forty Servants and I feel this does the Servants a dishonour. It feels a bit like watering down their name and I want to avoid that at all costs
- There is now only going to be 12 Servitors – one for each month and theme.
WHY DO THIS TYPE OF SHADOW WORK?
All these shadow type inner stuff seems to restrict, compress and block my life, and letting them go seems to allow the opposite to happen. The “flow” seems the more natural state that I am opposing or restricting by my inner demons, blackness or shadow. The more crud I can rid myself of the more the Universe (or whatever it is the best word here) seems to open up for me. So, spending a year looking at myself – really looking at myself – and seeing what patterns, lies, games, and horrid stuff I am doing beneath the surface, seems like something very much worth doing.
Simply put, the idea of THE JOURNEY is to shine a big fucking light into the darkest places of my soul and get rid of as much of the blackness as I can.
…Using Servitors, because that’s what I do.
But also using Meditation, Journaling and “Dropping” in questions. All of this will be explained more clearly over on Patreon if you decide to join in!
WHAT ACTUALLY WILL BE HAPPENING?
The first month will all be about gearing ourselves up for the work ahead. Think of it as packing for the big journey. We will be starting to develop some fundamentals that we will need for the harder work such as: a daily meditation practice, a weekly “Journeying” session, daily prayers, and daily Journaling.
THE REST OF THE YEAR
Now, personally I expect a lot of resistance around some of these themes, so I am guessing you will probably be the same. Forgiveness, for example, will be a hard one for me as the intention of that work is to first, confess all your wrong doings, and then, forgive everyone for any wrong you feel they have done to you or the world.
That’s not asking much, right? So yea, I am not expecting this to be easy or comfortable, or indeed for me to even like the process a lot of the time.
A Meditation Timer App
Some sort of Shamanic Drumming audio (loads on YT)
A brave soul 🙂
Daily Mantra/Question for introspection
Daily Meditation (minimum 5 minutes)
Weekly Journeying Meditation to meet and talk to the Servitors. (minimum 10 minutes)
Daily journaling in diary
Daily Group Prayer
Daily Candle Offering
Giving Feedback to the group using the “Secret” Facebook group
I’m excited – I’m terrified – but I’m excited.
So, in conclusion, this is what I will be doing next year. This will be my big magickal working in the way that losing weight and getting fit was my big magickal working for this year. This year physical, next year emotional/mental. If you like to join in then head over HERE and sign up at reward level 2 or above. Not only will you get access to all THE JOURNEY stuff, you’ll also be supporting me in doing all the things that I do.
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES:
- I will be posting the high resolution artwork I did for THE FORTY SHADOWS later just to give it some closure. Patrons already have a download link for printable versions. I won’t be including the sigils or names as these servitors were never actually activated and are now defunct. But I thought, some of you might still enjoy the artwork.
- The Patreon is not just for “The Journey” – it’s just one of the things that is going on over there. So, if you sign up, know that the Patreon is to support ALL the stuff I do – art, photography, Youtube, Podcast, blog, Forty Servants stuff etc – it’s not just “The Journey” – I feel this is very important to stress.
- Because so many people have asked me I feel I have to add this: This has NOTHING to do with The Forty Servants, it is a completely different and separate thing. They are not connected in any way other than both use Servitors. Not sure how much clearer I can be about this, but I know some of you will still be confused, so sorry about that. Not sure what I can do.
LINKS AND PROMOTION STUFF:
– ADVENTURES IN WOO WOO